A company in transition
Our first assignment from Samsung Electronics was in 1996. Since that time we have participated in Samsung’s meteoric rise to surpass their once unassailable rival, Sony, as the world’s most successful consumer electronics brand; overtake telecom powerhouse Nokia as the world’s biggest cell phone brand; and edge past global trendsetter Apple as the world’s largest smart phone maker. It’s a fantastic story.
To shift public perceptions
Our objective, as Samsung’s corporate public relations and social media agency of record, has been to shift public perception of the company as it transitioned itself from a low cost to premium brand, position Samsung as Russia’s most socially responsible company and to weave Samsung’s storytelling into the sport, culture and lifestyle of the Russian people.
An intense storytelling adventure: hundreds of product launches; dozens of sponsorships and programs; Olympic Games; social media
An intense, ongoing storytelling adventure.
Intense media focus supported by a client who has made public relations, and most recently, social media, a marketing priority. We work side-by-side with the Samsung team as an extension of its marketing department. We coordinate a dense stream of activity, including dozens of product launches each year along with a steady stream of corporate communications – each delivering Samsung’s core brand story of playing a part in everyone’s lifestyle. This intensity is amplified by leveraging Samsung’s broad portfolio of sponsorship initiatives and a coordinated social media initiative.
Our assignments over these many years are too voluminous to itemize here. However, here are the key programs which helped to create and/or for which we have provided sponsorship coordination, media relations, pressroom, social media and blogger outreach services:
- The Yasnaya Polyana (Tolstoy) Literary Award – sponsor and co-organizer
- The Bolshoy Theatre – 20 years of sponsorship of the theatre’s reconstruction as well as restoration of its music library
- Garazh Art Gallery – on-going sponsorship of the Gallery as technical partner
- Moscow Biennale – technical partner of the Gallery
- Tennis Federation – general sponsorship, “Legends of Tennis” autograph sessions and special play-offs
- Popov Cup – sponsorship of the young swimmers annual tournament, Yekaterinburg
- Running Festival – One day city event (Moscow, St. Petersbourg and other selected regional cities)
- World Cyber Games – Russian tournaments and international final
- Dynamo Football Team – sponsorship
- Chelsea Football Club – sponsorship, Youth Academy Master Class (Chelsea coaches gave master classes to Russian children)
- Education for Everyone, charity – Samsung provides desktop equipment for children with disability, who must be home-schooled
- Detskie Domiki, charity – construction of children’s playgrounds
- School Days – tours to Samsung Gallery and brand shops, including master classes
- New Names Foundation – sponsorship of this charity for gifted children
- Hermitage – technical partner of the Hermitage, including reconstruction of unique items, like ancient Catherine II clock
- Yusupov Palace – restoration support and technical equipment supplier
- Celebrity Endorsements – talent coordination for endorsements and celebrity participation in sponsorship activities and events, for example: Elena Dementieva, Konstantin Raikin, Aleksandr Popov, Shelest, Vladimir Tolstoy, Andrey
Our corporate assignment for Samsung also includes managing the significant Russian initiatives in support of Samsung as a sponsor of the Olympic Torch Relay, its partnership with the Russian Olympic Committee and Worldwide Partner in the Olympic Games:
- 2004 Summer Olympics – Athens, Greece
- 2006 Winter Olympics – Turin, Italy
- 2008 Summer Olympics – Beijing, China
- 2010 Winter Olympics – Vancouver, Canada
- 2012 Summer Olympics – London, Great Britain
Samsung becomes Russia’s top brand
Samsung has become Russia’s top consumer electronics brand. Our efforts have resulted in over 60,000 media impressions each year. Highlights include numerous front page stories in leading national business media, including Kommersant, Vedomosti, RBC daily, Kompania, in life-style magazines Hello, Cosmopolitan, Good Housekeeping, GQ, Esquire, Newsweek, Sportsweek, as well as feature stories on NTV, RTR, Russian 24, Expert TV and more.
Samsung is by far the most mentioned consumer electronics company in Russia, according to media monitoring agency, Medialogia.
Today, consumers THINK about Samsung’s innovation, quality and value and, perhaps more importantly, they FEEL that they can trust Samsung to enrich their lifestyle.